YouTube Shorts are now available to creators all over the world, including in Pakistan.
According to a Google alert, “We’re now expanding YouTube’s short-form video creation tools to even more creators around the world.”
In March, Alphabet Inc. launched the short-form video-streaming service on its platform in the United States to compete more effectively with TikTok in the extremely popular category.
Shorts is a service that allows users to create mobile-friendly vertical videos that may be enhanced with additional effects and music from a library.
After TikTok was prohibited in one of YouTube’s main regions, the feature was launched in India in September 2020.
TikTok, on the other hand, said that the duration of videos on its platform would be tripled to up to three minutes, giving video makers additional time. Over the next few weeks, all TikTok users will be able to create up to three-minute videos.
How to make YouTube Shorts
2. Tap the Create button, which is the plus symbol in the bottom-center.
3. In the pop-up, tap Create a Short, which has a camera icon next to it.
4. If this is your first time using this option, your device will ask for permission to allow YouTube to use the camera and microphone.
5. Once approved, you land in the YouTube Shorts recording page.
6. YouTube shorts recording length defaults to 15 seconds. By tapping on the number “15” above the record button, you can change it to 60 seconds.
8. You can also set a time for the camera to start without you by pushing Timer, just below Speed.
9. Finally, Filters allows you to apply various visual filters to your recording. Some Android users may be missing this function.