Suzuki car prices have risen as a result of the government imposing a 2.5 percent Federal Excise Duty (FED) on cars with engines up to 1300cc, a market in which Suzuki Pakistan dominates.
The 1000cc Suzuki Cultus is available in three different models:
• The base Suzuki VXR model now costs Rs. 2,030,000, up from Rs. 1,904,000 previously, implying a price increase of Rs. 126,000.
• The price of the mid-range Suzuki VXL has been increased by Rs. 139,000, bringing the total price to Rs. 2,244,000, up from Rs. 2,105,000.
• The top of the line, Cultus AGS, witnessed a price increase of Rs. 150,000, bringing the price to Rs. 2,422,000, up from Rs. 2,272,000.
According to the manufacturer, the revised price of this 660cc vehicle is as follows:
• The base variant, Alto VX, will now cost Rs. 1,306,000, up from Rs. 1,274,000 before.
• Meanwhile, the mid-variant Alto VXR has witnessed a price hike of Rs. 38,000, bringing the total price to Rs. 1,5546,000, up from Rs. 1,508,000.
• The top-of-the-line Alto VXL has seen a price hike of Rs. 43,000, costing Rs. 1,747,000 instead of Rs. 1,704,000.
Suzuki Wagon R
Wagon R new prices are:
• The base model, Wagon R VXR, has experienced an increase of Rs. 117,000, meaning its new price is Rs. 1,877,000, compared to the previous rate of Rs. 1,760,000.
• Wagon R VXL, the mid-range model, saw a price increase of Rs. 123,000. This model is now available for Rs. 1,975,000 instead of Rs. 1,852,000.
• Meanwhile, the top-of-the-line Wagon R AGS will cost Rs. 2,158,000, up from Rs. 2,024,000 previously, indicating a Rs. 134,000 rise.
Currently, the Suzuki Bolan is available in only one type, the Bolan VX, and it will cost Rs. 1,178,000, up from Rs. 1,149,000 previously, indicating a Rs. 29,000 price rise.