Mohammad Rizwan of the Multan Sultans has been named captain of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 7 team, according to a statement released by the league.
According to the announcement, the PSL 7 Squad was chosen by eminent members of the league’s official commentary team.
Rizwan, a fan favourite, is one of four Multan Sultans players named to the team for this year’s tournament.
Rizwan to captain Team of HBL PSL 7— PCB Media (@TheRealPCBMedia) February 28, 2022
Details here ➡️ https://t.co/jzWMKMgFuz#HBLPSL7 pic.twitter.com/D0vVSUQUUI
Rilee Rossouw, Tim David, and Khushdil Shah are the other three.
Read more: Rizwan and Shaheen shine in the PCB Awards 2021
Lahore Qalandars, the PSL 2022 champions, had four players in the team: Fakhar Zaman, Rashid Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, and Zaman Khan.
Shoaib Malik of Peshawar Zalmi, Shadab Khan of Islamabad United, and Naseem Shah of Quetta Gladiators are among the team’s other players.
There are, however, no players from the Karachi Kings, who had a disastrous PSL season this year.
In the top order, there are four batters from four different teams.
The Sultans are in charge of the middle order, while the Qalandars are in charge of the bowling attack.
PSL 7 team (in batting order)
- Mohammad Rizwan (Multan Sultans) (captain & wicketkeeper)
- Fakhar Zaman (Lahore Qalandars)
- Shoaib Malik (Peshawar Zalmi)
- Shadab Khan (Islamabad United)
- Rilee Rossouw (Multan Sultans)
- Tim David (Multan Sultans)
- Khushdil Shah (Multan Sultans)
- Rashid Khan (Lahore Qalandars)
- Shaheen Shah Afridi (Lahore Qalandars)
- Zaman Khan (Lahore Qalandars)
- Naseem Shah (Quetta Gladiators)
- Shan Masood (Multan Sultans) (12th)
After 6 Years, Lahore Qalandars Have Finally Won The PSL
Season 7 of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) concluded with the final game between Multan Sultans and Lahore Qalandars at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The hosts were able to outshine the Sultans and take home their first-ever PSL trophy.