The Executive Board of the National Highway Authority (NHA) approved the Revised Annual Maintenance Plan 2021-22 costing Rs 57.273 billion on the basis of Composite Schedule of Rates (CSR) 2022 rather than Rs. 53.558 billion based on CSR-2014, along with liabilities forwarded from previous years AMPs, amounting to Rs. 21.014 billion.
According to the official documents, the board meeting was recently held which considered the approval for revision in AMP 2021-22, because of approval of CSR2022 instead of CSR-2014 rates.
In addition, Executive Board also approved the issuance of the Draft Letter of Intent to the first ranked Consortium/bidder i.e. M/s TECHNOMATRACON (JV) in collaboration with M/s POWERCHINA Chengdu Engineering Corporation Limited as lead constructor and ACC as Design & Supervision Consultant.
Read more: NHA completed 33 road projects at 13% increased cost since 2008
The Executive Board gave approval to the Revised Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP) 2021-22 and also ordered the NHA to:
- Provide detailed information on the revised Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP) 2021-22 and the implementation/current status of all schemes/ works awarded under AMPs 2017 to 2020 to all Board Members
- Submit revised NHA Code in the next Board meeting
Moreover, the NHA Executive Board also approved the following:
- Establishment of a Committee including the following members in a bid to review the procurement started before July 07, 2022, for un-awarded (Road Maintenance Account) RMA Works on a case-to-case basis considering NHEB decision accorded in its earlier meeting: i. Member (Engg. Coord) Chairman ii. General Manager (Procurement and Contract Administration that is P&CA) Member iii. General Manager (RAMD) Member/Secretary
- Works costing more than Rs.300 million acquired by Zonal office and forwarded to Tender Acceptance Committee at NHA HQ Level shall be approved/awarded by Member (Engg. Coord).
- The abovementioned committee shall act as Next Higher Authority to award the works above Rs.300 million according to Clause-10, Chapter 3 of NHA Code (Volume-I).
- The Zonal & Headquarter, Tender Opening & Evaluation Committees for RMA Works/Services sanctioned by NHEB in 352nd and 373rd meetings shall also execute the prequalification of Contractors/ Consultants as per PPRA Rule-15.