After Sony revealed the PS5 with many games, Digital Foundry conducted an analysis of the footage and it seems that a lot of them are running at 30 FPS.
Sony revealed the first look of PS5 last week along with the announcement of many games in the launch ceremony. Digital Foundry who are well known for their in-depth review of resolution and frame rate came out with their analysis and they found out that many of the PS5 games are running at 30 FPS.
The team of Digital Foundry further discussed the resolution and frame rate aimed for the PlayStation 5 games such as Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
According to the analysis, these are the frame rates expected from PS5 in some games.
- Demon’s Soul 30 Frames Per Second
- Returnal 30 Frames Per Second
- Stray 30 Frames Per Second
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits 30 Frames Per Second
- Oddworld: Soulstorm 30 Frames Per Second
- Horizon: Forbidden West 30 Frames Per Second
- Destruction Allstars 30 Frames Per Second
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure 60 Frames Per Second
- GodFall 60 Frames Per Second
- Gran Turismo 7 60 Frames Per Second
- Astro’s Playroom 60 Frames Per Second
- Resident Evil VIII: Village 60 Frames Per Second
According to the analysis team Sony is targeting 30 fps for games because it is increasing visual quality for PS5. While on the other hand, its main rival competitor Microsoft uses 60 FPS or 120 frames per second. They also noted that numerous games were also native 4K instead of Checker Boarded 4K which was found on PlayStation 4 Pro.
Image source link