The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has announced scholarships for students interested in pursuing PhD studies in the United States.
On Thursday, HEC announced scholarships for students in the United States. According to the HEC website, Pakistani students who are desirous to study in the United States are encouraged to apply for new scholarships.
The scholarships will be granted under the HEC’s US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor project. The HEC furthers said in a statement, that scholarships are only available for PhD programmes. The last date of registration for HEC US scholarship is February 28, 2022.
Read more: HEC offers international scholarships in collaboration with China, Hungary
HEC scholarships for PhD Programme in USA
- You will be required to create user ID by using your CNIC (without dashes).
- Create an account and fill the required information available on the screen.
- Click and obtain ‘Mobile Code’ on your provided mobile no. for further process. (Currently, MNC / Ported numbers are not supported)
- After receiving code on your mobile enter the code.
- Enter your email ID and click Send Code. You will receive a code on your provided email.
- Please enter a valid email ID.
- Perform code verification and click on submission.
- You will be registered successfully. Please check your email for further information.
- You will be required to enter your created ‘User ID’ & ‘Password’ then ‘Sign in’ on HEC portal.
- Complete online profile section-wise at https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/
- Click ‘Scholarships and Grants’ on left ‘Navigation’ and then ‘US-PAK Knowledge Corridor Application’.
- Now follow instructions, fill and submit the form successfully.
HEC tells foreign universities to seek approval before offering programmes in Pakistan
On Friday, HEC said that foreign universities that intend to offer foreign degree programmes across Pakistan have to seek approval from the HEC first.
HEC wrote on twitter, “HEC has been empowered to prescribe conditions under which institutions, including those that are not part of the state’s educational system, may be opened and operated across the country.”
It further stated that “any local institutions or foreign programmes would be considered as illegal if they are not listed.”