The undergraduate scholarships have been announced by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) for the students of Gilgit-Baltistan.
As per the announcement from HEC, students will be allowed to study in top Pakistani universities and educational institutions.
“Applications are invited from outstanding students from Gilgit-Baltistan who intend to pursue undergraduate studies (four/five years BS programmes) from HEC-recognized public sector universities/ degree-awarding institutions (DAIs),” the notification read.
The scheme entitled “Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for the Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in Top Universities/Institutions (Batch-I)”, is being put forward for the academic year 2021-2022 and students from all areas of studies and disciplines will be eligible to apply.
Eligibility criteria of undergraduate scholarships
According to the guidelines issued by the body, students have to fulfill the following criteria to avail the opportunity.
- The students must have a G-B domicile or local certificate.
- Candidates must have accomplished their matric or intermediate degrees and those who have completed their studies in G-B will be preferred.
- Students availing any other scholarships will NOT be eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will permit learners to pursue admission to any public sector university or higher educational institution of Pakistan, but any disbursement in addition to the cost given in PC-I will have to be tolerated by the students themselves.
- Applicants must not be more than 23 years of age at the time of application.
- Students will have to see the HEC and university criteria for admission in BS programmes.
- Candidates will be short-listed based on their scores on Aptitude Test held by HEC’s education testing council, and their academic credentials.
- At least 50% marks in the aptitude test are required for applying.
- Students who are already registered in a BS programme in a public university or institution for at least one year will be eligible to apply.
- The undergraduate scholarships will be granted regardless of the caste, race, gender, or religion of the candidate.
What will the scholarship cover?
In accordance with the announcement, the scholarship will cover the following:
- Hostel fees, tuition, and other education-related expenditures costing a maximum of Rs 240,000 per year.
- A stipend of Rs 15,000 per month.
- Books and travel payments making up to Rs 30,000 yearly.
Moreover, interested students can apply for the scholarship through the website https://eportal.hec.gov.pk by paying Rs 500, however, hard copies of the application will not be accepted