The Higher Education Commission (HEC) will conduct an inter-university essay writing competition in cooperation with the Ministry of Planning, Development, and Special Initiatives on the occasion of Pakistan’s 75th Independence Day.
As per the press release, the competition intends to enable the youth of the country to analyze the opportunities and challenges facing Pakistan. It will also help them to recognize the role that young people can play in the development of the country through creativity, critical thinking, and productive engagement.
Candidates are given the opportunity to showcase their writing skills in either English or Urdu and win cash prizes.
Following topics are proposed by the HEC and candidates can write in any of the two languages i.e. English or Urdu:
- The development journey of Pakistan from 1947 to 2022; Lessons learned compared to other countries.
- Pakistan in 2047: Youth National Aspirations.
Moreover, HEC has announced the following eligibility criteria for participating in the competition:
Candidates for essay competition must be:
- Pakistanis or Citizens of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK)
- Regular university students
- 25 years maximum
In addition, the following criteria for writing the essay have also been announced:
- Use one language only
- The range of word count is from 2500 to 3000
- The essay must be written in English in Times New Roman with font size 12, and 1.5 line spacing
- The article should be written in Urdu and not by hand
- All data must be submitted in PDF format
To participate in the competition, candidates must submit their articles with a completed registration form that can be downloaded from hec.gov.pk. The essay and registration form must be sent to [email protected] “Sahir Mirza, Assistant Director (Academics), Higher Education Commission, Sector H-8, Islamabad” while hard copies will not be accepted.
Furthermore, HEC announced that winners will be awarded cash prizes. Candidates grabbing the first position will be given Rs 500,000, second place with Rs 300,000, third position winner will be awarded Rs 200,000, and from fourth to the tenth position holders will be bestowed with Rs 100,000 each.
The deadline for application is August 26, 2022.