To fast-track customer service, Pakistan Post has introduced special WhatsApp numbers that can be used by people to directly contact senior officials.
According to the notification, this service has been launched on the directives of Federal Minister for Communications and Postal Services, Murad Saeed and Director General Pakistan Post Office Department (PPOD).
WhatsApp numbers for Postmaster Generals are now available on the website of the Ministry of Postal Services and the Pakistan Post app for customers to launch their direct complaints.
Here are the WhatsApp contacts of all the Postmaster Generals.
- FC, AJK, GB circle, Islamabad: 0302-5328938
- Northern Punjab circle, Rawalpindi: 0314-5688322
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa circle, Peshawar: 0333-9105909
- Central Punjab circle, Lahore: 0348-1692490
- Southern Punjab circle, Multan: 0311-5602300
- Northern Sindh circle, Hyderabad: 0321-3522136
- Metropolitan circle, Karachi: 0318-8801662
- Balochistan circle, Quetta: 0333-7940774
- WhatsApp number for Directorate General, Pakistan Post Headquarters, Islamabad: 0333-4850762
Here is the link for the Android app of Pakistan Post that allows customers to track and trace their articles online.
Recently, Pakistan Post increased its rates for domestic parcel delivery service by 80 percent.
As per the details now a 250 grams package will cost Rs 100 to citizens, 1 kg parcel will cost you Rs 204 whereas on 5 kg of a package the cost will be Rs 607. Meanwhile, a 10 kg package rate has also changed and now it will cost you Rs 1110 and 15 kg parcel new price is Rs 1613.
Moreover, the Ministry of Communication and Postal Services announced its plans to establish more than 1,000 Digital Franchise Post Offices across the country by December 30, 2020.