PDWP has approved at least 8 development schemes (health projects) linked to the primary & secondary healthcare sector.
According to the statement issued on Monday, the Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) -Punjab approved health projects at the 23rd meeting of PDWP of the current fiscal year (2020-21), according to which, at an estimated cost of Rs. 11, 241.21 million, eight development schemes were approved. PDWP meeting was presided by Abdullah Khan Sunbal, Planning & Development Board Chairman.
The meeting was attended by the P&D Provincial Secretary Imran Sikandar Baloch, all members of the Planning & Development Board, provincial secretaries of the concerned departments, Senior Chief (Coord) Javed Latif, Assistant Chief Coordination Shahid Idrees, and other senior representatives of the relevant provincial departments.
The development schemes which were approved are,
- ‘Up-gradation of 20-bedded RHC in Uch Sharif into 60-bedded THQ-level hospital’ at a cost of Rs. 537.7 million;
- ‘Up-gradation of 40-bedded THQ hospital in Minchanabad to 100-bedded hospital’ at Rs. 373.011 million;
- ‘Construction of 20-bedded Trauma Centre & Revamping of THQ hospital in Pattoki’ at Rs. 278.882 million;
- ‘Construction of 20-bedded surgical ward at THQ Chunian’ at Rs. 130.304 million;
- ‘Construction of 10-bedded emergency ward at THQ hospital in Lalamusa’ at Rs. 71.976 million;
- ‘Up-gradation of 70-bedded THQ hospital in Kharian to 100-bedded hospital’ at Rs. 209.359 million;
- ‘Provision of missing facilities at THQ hospital Naushera’ at Rs. 250 million;
- ‘Establishment of 400-bedded new DHQ hospital in Hafizabad’ at Rs. 9,389.978 million.
Moreover, earlier this month, Punjab Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) approved 3 developmental schemes of same sectors also. These schemes were worth Rs. 10,464.548 million (Rs. 10.464 billion). Those approved schemes involved,
- 200 Bedded Mother & Child Hospital at Ghalla Godam Multan at the cost of Rs. 2,253.095 million
- Remaining Land Acquisition for Greater Thal Canal (GTC) Project (Revised) at a cost of Rs. 8,181.