With majority of the auto industry decreasing car prices and shifting the benefits to its customers, Proton Pakistan has also decided to pass on the benefits to its customers.
However, it is pertinent to mention here that only KIA and Hyundai did not reduce their car prices.
Proton X70 New Prices
- The price of the X70 FWD Premium has dropped by Rs. 110,000 to Rs. 7,190,000. Customers having old reservations will be required to pay Rs. 6,990,000 instead of Rs. 7,100,000.
- The pricing of the X70 AWD Executive will be reduced by Rs. 110,000 to Rs. 6,740,000 from Rs. 6,850,000. Customers with old reservations will be required to pay Rs. 6,540,000 rather than Rs. 6,650,000.
Proton Saga Prices
Proton Saga’s price was not reduced for new bookings; however, it was reduced by Rs. 100,000 for old booking. Here are the updated Saga Variant rates for old reservations.
- The Proton Saga Ace will now cost Rs. 3,049,000 instead of Rs. 3,149,000. This is a reduction of Rs. 100,000.
- The new price for the Proton Saga AT Standard is Rs. 2,899,000 rather than Rs. 2,999,000. The price of the car has decreased by Rs. 100,000.
- The current pricing for Saga MT is Rs. 2,724,000 as compared to Rs. 2,824,000. The price has been cut by Rs. 100,000.
The company claimed in a notification that other automakers increased prices significantly while proton car costs grew by 11%, which isn’t even close to the 20% devaluation observed in the value of the Pakistani rupee. Meaning that the company has shown that Proton Saga’s price is still near a low and does not justify a price drop.