Anwarzeb Khan, Minister for Zakat and Usher in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has launched the “Mustahiq” mobile app in order to increase transparency and efficiency in the distribution of zakat funds in the province.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is moving towards digital revolution at an unprecedented rate as the province continues to rapidly digitize its government functions. In this developing era, the KP is also leaving other provinces behind in terms of IT sector’s development. On Tuesday, Minister for Zakat and Usher in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa launched the mobile app.
Moreover, KPK is the first and only province in the country to introduce a universal healthcare insurance system for its citizens. It also has become the first province to digitize its social benefits system.
According to the advisor, this newly launched app will provide easy localized information about various KPK Zakat schemes, hospital locations, and contact information of local zakat representatives to the general public. The app aims at raising public awareness regarding the social welfare initiatives of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government so that citizens can avail them effortlessly.
Here are some of the salient features of the Mustahiq app:
- Easy access and information on welfare schemes run by the government including various Zakat schemes such as the Guzara Allowance, Health Fund, and Jahez Fund, scholarships for KPK students, and funds for Madrasah students in English and local languages – Urdu & Pashto.
- Location of hospitals and designated zakat focal persons in the hospitals
- Availability of the contact details of district zakat officers and district zakat chairman are easily available along with office locations on a map
- Option to easily download all scheme forms with the app
- Contact with district zakat local officers and district zakat chairman directly through the app
All processes enabled by the app will be paperless and will facilitate the Zakat and Social Welfare Department along with the citizens.