Hungarian scholarships for Bachelor’s, One-Tier Master’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. studies have been announced by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
In line with the information got through the official tweet, the HEC is looking forward to the applications from Pakistan and Azad Jammu, and Kashmir for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2022-23), initiated by the Hungarian Government.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are accessible for Pakistani students satisfying the eligibility criteria in quantified areas and other necessities of Hungarian universities under the following programmes:
- Bachelor’s Degree (after 12 years education);
- One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years education);
- Master’s Degree (after 16 years education); and
- Ph.D. Degree (after 17/18 years of education).
Eligibility criteria of Hungarian scholarships
- Applicant must be Pakistan/AJ&K citizen.
- Undergraduate programs applicants must be between the age of 18-22 years. For students applying for Master’s degree programs the age limit should not surpass 35 years. In the case of Ph.D. programs, the age limit should not exceed 40 years.
- The candidate must have finished HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for submission in Bachelor’s program.
- The candidate must have ended 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent Degree for application in Master’s program.
- The candidate must fill all the grounds of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column should be left unfilled.
- Transcript /Certificates /Degrees to be submitted must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory.
- It is the exclusive obligation of the student(s) applying for any proficient to first get confirmed its authorization from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Technology Council, etc.
- IELTS/TOEFL marks as vital, where applicable by Hungarian side.
- All candidates must have to submit a medical certificate of acceptable health condition.
- For absolute selection, candidates will have to acquiesce a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not alter filed after final award of scholarship, and straightaway after accomplishment of his/her degree, he/she will come back to Pakistan to help the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC.