The policy for Intermediate and Matriculation Exams 2021 has been issued by the Punjab Higher Education Department (HED).
Earlier, the notification regarding policy was issued according to which;
- Candidates will have to pass all the exams related to their optional subjects.
- Marks obtained in the optional subjects will be counted as the marks for compulsory subjects.
- The marks obtained in the optional subjects of the second year will be considered as the marks of the first year’s subjects.
- Candidates will be required to sit in the examination of only optional subjects if they seek improvement in part one’s marks.
- Matriculation students will have to opt for mathematics exams along with optional subjects if they want to improve their marks.
- If a student fails in all optional subjects, they will have to appear in the examination again, the notification added.
- Candidates who pass optional subjects will be granted 50% marks in practicals.
Notification of exams promotion policy by Punjab Boards
In exercise of powers conferred under subsection (6) of section 12 of the Punjab Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education Act, 1976 (XIII of 1976, Governor of Punjab is pleased to issue the following directions to the Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education for the conduct of annual examination and declaration of results of all the examinations, 2021 in the backdrop of COVID-19, with immediate effect:
The candidates of HSSC (Part-II) or Intermediate Part-2 examinations 2021 in the below-mentioned categories shall appear in Part-Il elective subjects only. They shall have to pass all of the elective subjects. The average marks obtained in pass elective subjects (Part-II) shall be reflected in compulsory subjects of Part-II. The same marks shall be awarded for Part-I corresponding subjects:
- appearing in Part-1
- appearing for composite examinations
- re-appearing in Part-I and appearing in Part-1
- re-appearing in both Part-I & Part-1
- re-appearing in Part-I only vi)
- appearing for marks improvement in Part-I & Part-1
- appearing for marks Improvement in Part-1
- appearing for marks Improvement (subject-wise) except in compulsory subjects.
- appearing in Shahadat-ul-Sa’anvia Khasa and medical technologies group
According to the new Punjab HED policy, candidates of SSC (Part-II) exams 2021 in the below-mentioned categories shall appear in Part-Il elective subjects and mathematics only. They shall have to pass all of the subjects. The average marks obtained in pass subjects (Part-II) shall be reflected in the remaining compulsory subjects of Part-Il. The same marks shall be awarded for Part-I corresponding subjects:
- Appearing in Part-II
- Appearing for composite examinations
- Re-appearing in Part-l and appearing in Part-1 iv)
- Re-appearing in both Part-I & Part-||
- Re-appearing in Part-ll only appearing for marks improvement in Part-1 & Part-1
- Appearing for marks improvement in Part-1
- Appearing for marks Improvement (subject-wise) except in compulsory subject or subjects.