Morris Garages (MG) Pakistan has reportedly reduced the price of the ZS EV by Rs 600,000. This follows the implementation of the new auto policy for the years 2021-26.
According to a recent update, MG Pakistan has announced that the price of the ZS EV has been reduced from Rs 6.85 million to Rs 6.25 million. Although the cost of an electric vehicle is still extremely expensive for the great majority of automobile purchasers in Pakistan, it is adequate to encourage a significant proportion of SUV buyers to switch to electric power.
The ZS EV is MG’s all-electric SUV, which is the “first in its category” and, due to its powertrain, has no direct competition in the market. It does, however, compete with the Haval Jolion, Toyota Corolla Cross, and the yet-to-be-released Proton X50 and DFSK Glory 5oo in the crossover SUV sector.
The ZS EV has a 44.5-kWh battery that drives a 140-horsepower electric motor positioned over the front axle that produces 350 Newton-meters of torque. The car also has a number of modern features which includes:
MG ZS EV features
- Dusk sensing headlights
- Heated front seats
- Multiple drive modes
- Electronic stability programming
- Hill-start Assist
- Autonomous Braking
- Pedestrian Alert Control System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Blind Spot Monitoring (among other driver-assist features)
All EVs have been given several incentives as part of the new EV policy, in order to encourage as many automakers as possible to shift their priority to producing and selling EVs in Pakistan. With the ZS EV, MG Pakistan has the market’s first competitive edge and the price reduction means that it will be a tough competitor for any EV that comes to Pakistan in the future.
Electric Vehicles (EV) Policy
At the end of last year, the government approved an impressive tax exemption for electric vehicles in Pakistan in order to encourage the momentum towards electric vehicles. Hammad Azhar, as the minister for Industries and Production revealed that news through micro blogging website Twitter.
Features of Policy for Electric Vehicles
- Exclusion of Additional Customs Duty and AST on imports of EV cars
- Only 1% tax on import of EV parts for local manufacturers
- No Registration and annual renewal fee for EVs in Islamabad
- 1% sales tax for local made EVs up to 50kwh and light commercial vehicles up to 150 kwh.
- Only 1% Duty on import of charging equipment
- No Federal Excise Duty (FED) on Electric Vehicles
- Duty free import of plant and machinery for manufacturing of EVs