Pakistan has invited big Chinese companies to establish cement factories and is planning for zero duty on these products to increase their exports to China.
The export of cement clinkers from Pakistan to China has shown an increase in recent years, China Economic Net (CEN) reported on Sunday.
China imported almost 359,621.31 tons of cement clinkers costing around $15 million in 2021 from Pakistan and was one of the key destinations for cement clinkers exports of Pakistan, while in 2020 it imported 563,622.99 tons worth $22 million, as per the official data retrieved from the General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China (GACC).
Read more: Pak-China Business Investment Forum launched with 18 Chinese, 19 Pakistani companies
“If we get duty-free access of cement clinkers immediately, we will have equal playing field as in China and the quantity of export will increase exponentially”, Commercial Counsellor of Embassy of Pakistan Beijing Badar uz Zaman told CEN.
Moreover, Badar uz Zaman said that Pakistan has been blessed with all the minerals needed for cement production, like Gypsum and limestone.
Pakistan possesses one of the biggest reserves of gypsum in the world, mainly in Chakwal, Kohat, and some other districts, while the quality of cement and clinkers Pakistan makes is one of the best in the world.
In this regard, the Government has announced some major services offered to Chinese companies investing or planning to invest in Pakistan, particularly under CPEC / OBOR.
- To help Chinese businesses and state-owned firms during business establishment in Pakistan.
- To give Human Resource and Pay Roll Services under CPEC.
- To assist Chinese companies in securing their intellectual property rights (IPR) like Copyrights, Trademarks, and patents in Pakistan.
- To deliver Legal support such as Regulatory guidance, legal advice, Licensing regimes, and court matters to Chinese companies in Pakistan
- To direct them regarding government strategies and any anticipated or new changes in rules and regulations.
- To manage government dealings for Chinese companies wishing to or working in Pakistan.
- To help Chinese companies in business development such as obtaining projects within Pakistan, establishing Joint Ventures with distinguished Pakistani Companies.