Rising pollen allergy is attacking hundreds of citizens in federal capital due to trees like Lantana Camara, Paper Mulberry and also west Indian Lantana. The ICT administration is planting trees that benign pollen existence in the air such as; Alstonia, Ornamental shrubs, saplings of Pine, Ficus, Sliver Oak and, Chinar tree.
The administration is trying hard for the betterment of the city to end the pollen allergy. This allergy started from the spring pollen season in 2020. Weathermen alerted patients about this allergy. They alerted that the pollen season will start in March 2020 and finally, it will reach its peak in the middle of April. They said Islamabad would be highly at risk due to the eight plant species (found in abundance in the city) like paper mulberry, Eucalyptus, cannabis, dandelion, pines, grasses, and acacia.
97 percent of this allergy forms more from the paper mulberry plant than any other plant due to its high concentration. Its highest concentration was observed around 40,000 particles per cubic meter of air.
Its effects are asthma and respiratory diseases with sneezing, sniffing and coughing when eyes get watery and the nose starts running as the allergic person steps out of home or enters the area where pollen allergy plants exist in high concentration. To counter the problem, the administration installed monitors on different areas of the city like in E-8 (614 allergic plants), F-10 (264 allergic plants), G-6 and H-8 (844 allergic plants) sectors. It was warned that the diseases of respiration and asthma will become severe and will deteriorate people’s health seriously if pollens continue to increase.
Following are some precautionary measures to control the rising pollen allergy cases in the federal capital:
- Avoid going to the gardens, jogging tracks, forests or any other greenery and also do not keep flowers and plants near.
- Avoid going near the windows in the home and keep them shut properly. Try to avoid going outside because it can make you suffer more if you are already an allergic patient.
- Do not dry your clothes in an open place especially the place where pollen allergy has been detected. Pollen is high between 5 am and 10 am. Avoid going out between these hours.
- Immediately wash your body, especially hands and face to remove pollen. It would be better if cloths are changed too.
- Take bath when arriving home from outside and before going to bed. It will clear your skin from all pollen particles.
- Do not contact people or pets who have pollen allergy or who have spent a large amount of time outside in pollen areas.
- Wear a face mask and sunglasses to avoid daily pollen.
- Visit a doctor to get yourself checked regularly and take the prescribed medicine if suffering from pollen allergy.
Image source link