Everyone wants their dream home where they can relieve stress after a busy and tiring day. Everybody desires a house that is well designed with all the essentials, such as location, spacious and well-kept spaces, ideas for design, good storage areas, and neat baths, and a basement.
Most of the time, however, individuals are confused about the cost of building houses or wary of building a basement in their home. A lot of people like it, although there are a decent number of individuals who think it’s not their thing to create a basement.
Read more: Grey Structure Cost of a 5 Marla House (A Category) in 2021
This AboutPakistan Property article talks about the benefits and disadvantages of building a basement and some pros and cons of not getting a basement to save you from all this uncertainty and hesitation.
Benefits of Constructing a Basement
Following are the advantages of constructing a basement.
- Having a basement means more availability of space. Building a basement for those who always struggle with the space and building a basement for the joint family system is very beneficial as you can accommodate extra furnisher in the basement. To cater your space problems, basement will be a great choice.
Read more: Increase in Construction Cost in Pakistan Over the Last 3 Years
- Try to build a basement in your house if you are planning to expand your family or someone who has a huge family. Typically, basements are quite wide and can handle individuals very comfortably. It is also a one-time investment that will be beneficial in the longer run.
- Basements are an ideal way for your curving site to be used. You can bring it to your advantage by building a basement if you have an inclined area in your plot. Not only will it give you extra room, but it also stables the level of your building.
- Basements normally have a lower temperature since they are not exposed directly to light.
- For those who lives in those region with hot temperature will be in a dreamland when you have a basement.
- Basement space is so versatile that it can be utilize for various purposes. You can use it as a living space, turn it into a home theater, utilize it as kids’ room, or make it a library in short, there are endless choices.
- You may not have to spend cash on building a separate store room if you have a basement in your home. The basement can also serve ideally as your storage room.
- The basement will be the best location if you have a heating system or other mechanical equipment to install in your home. The device will remain secure and protected and will not become noticeable.
- The basement is a very secure place. If you in an area where natural disasters such as tornadoes are abundant, consider building live a basement in your house.
However, apart from some benefits the basement too has some drawbacks.
Drawbacks of Constructing a Basement
- If you live in an area where the water content in the air is high, do not decide for a basement. A basement does not receive enough sunshine and ventilation, creating moisture and humidity in the basement. Not only will the basement spoil your possessions and food, but the wall paint will also be spoiled.
- Residing in the area where water level is high will not only damage the basement but will also affect your foundations.
- The cost of basement repair and renovation is high. The basement may not be a good choice for you if you are short on funds. Many fixed costs, particularly earthwork, waterproofing, and ventilation, would have to be borne.
- Basements obtain less natural light, as described before. That means you’re going to have to spend in lights and in Pakistan electricity is expensive.
These were some benefits and drawbacks of constructing a basement. Consider all these points while making a decision regarding building a basement.