SZABMU was established through an act of parliament on 21st march 2013. The vice chancellor was appointed by the chancellor president of Pakistan on the recommendation of search committee on 7th January 2014. The vision of the university is to be premier research intensive medical university that will educate medical and dental students paramedics, nursing and postdoctoral fellows in accordance with international professional standards.
The university clinicians to practice patient-centered medicine of the highest quality and to identify and answer fundamental questions with regard to prevention and treatment of disease in health care delivery and in basic sciences there by improve health through leadership , discovery and innovation patient care, education and research.
To attract the best and brightest mind and train them as future national and international leaders, and in setting standards of excellence among faculty, staff and to recruit , retain, nuture and promote those who represent the best in the country.
Prof. Khawaja Kamal Nasir Dr. M. Ali Arif
Dr. Salman Shafi Dr. Tabasum Qamar
Dr. M. Naeem Dr. Liaqat Ali Rind
Dr. Akhtar Ali Dr. Shahana Arshi
Dr. Syed Mehboob Ur Rehman Dr. Ahmad Farhan
Dr. Syed Nasir Ali Shah Dr. Naseem Akhtar
Dr. Mashood Ali Dr. Mansoor Iqbal
Dr. Aaamir Saleem Dr. Sumera Nabi
- Pakistan institute of medical sciences
- Federal Medical and Dental College
- College Of Nursing
- College of Medical Technology
- School Of Nursing
- School of Dentistry
- Capital Hospital, Islamabad
- College of Medical Lab Technology, NIH Islamabad.
- BS( Anesthesia technology, Cardiology, Dental technology, Emergency and intensive care science, medical image technology, operation theater technology, optometry, Radiology).
- B.SC( Audiology, cardiac perfusion, dental hygienist, nursing, prosthetic and orthotics, respiratory therapy, speech and language pathology)
- DPT-Prosthetics and orthotics.
- M.SC(Audiology, dental hygienist, occupational therapy, prosthetic and orthotics, respiratory therapy, public health).
- MS( Same disciplines like BS).
- P.HD( Molecular biology).
Eligibility criteria of the university is:
- Minimum 65% marks in HSSC Pre medical or A-Level equivalent certified by the inter-board committee of chairman.
- Minimum 60% marks in National MDCAT .