Education is the key to development. A country cannot develop economically unless her literacy rate is accelerated. This is one of the most important factor regarding being less developed in the world. Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University Peshawar is the first public sector women university in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa . the university named in commemoration of the contribution made by the significant ladies of Pakistan who bestow their life for the cause of women emancipation and for the betterment of the country. The fist female university was established in accordance with the frontier women university Act 2004.
Shaheed Benazir women university has been functioning since 2005. The objective of the university is to accomplish the assigned mission of providing quality education to the female students in accordance with the latest syllabi and modern trends. The university contribute to the society through transformative power of education and research with a focus on diversity, linkages, entrepreneurship , creativity and innovation,
Ms. Fehmeeda Yasmin
Ms. Sumayya Shahid
Ms. Fozia Noreen
Ms. Nazish Haider
Ms. Mahvish Nazir
Ms. Asma Naz
Ms. Gulsanga Khalil
Ms. Amna Ayaz
Introduction to human rights
Introduction to political science
Human resource management
For Admission in BS:
- The candidate having 45% marks in intermediate.
- Minimum CGPA should be 3.0 or first division from a recognized university.
- Admission to be program will only be given to the students who have qualified NTS GAT that is still valid at the time of submission of application form.
- Candidates must apply on prescribed admission form duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational certificates shall be submitted directly to the academics section.
- Short listed candidates shall be called for interview only.
The library of the university was established on 6th April 2006 in city branch of the university.
The central library of the university in its own purpose built building was inaugurated on 14th Aug 2014. Central library is already equipped with modern day facilities and is also under a rapid development phase due to which more new facilities and technologies will be a part of the library in the coming days to further facilitate the users in a better way. The facility is having books in access of 13000 volumes, journals , magazines , thesis and research papers. Each library item has its own unique identifying number, or call number. This number reflects the subject of the item.