Quaid-e-Azam university was established in JULY, 1967 under the national assembly and started teaching and research programs for PhD and M.PHIL degrees. It was however gradually and later decided to offer Masters, graduate and now undergraduates programs. The university for international repute , faculty and programs attracts a large number of foreign students although it offers admission to a measured number of students from all regions of the country as it a federal public sector university.
It has been able to established its links with some selected universities in Europe, South Asia and united states. The university also maintains a high standard in providing services. It has well equipped state of art labs and libraries. Other facilities like hostels for male and female students, sports and play fields and many other facilities are available.
The university vision and mission is to functioning a research oriented institution dedicated to academic excellence, open mindedness and equality.
Maintain and fostering highest moral and practiced values while teaching students to seek logically, be imaginative and converse effectively to meet the promising needs of the society. Ensuring and supporting faculty and staff to continue their professional and intellectual development.
Prof Dr. Shahid Hameed Dr.M. Moazzam Naseer
Prod Dr. Amin Badshsh Dr. M. Naveed Zafar
Dr. M. Siddique Dr. Ehsan Ullah
Dr. Ms. Zareen Akhtar Dr. Ameer Saeed Bhatti
Dr. Imtiaz-Ud-Din Dr. Syed Munir Hussain Shah
Dr. Naveed Dr. Ali Haider
Dr. Zia-Ur-Rehman Prof Dr. Syed Sakhawat Shah
University offers admission to its programs in the following four faculties:
- Faculty of Biological Science
- Faulty of National Sciences
- Faculty Of Social sciences
- Admission also conducted in BS(Biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, botany, environmental sciences, microbiology).
- MS(same disciplines like BS), BBA, LLB, MSc, M.PHIL.
- Pharm-D Ph.D.
- Bachelors programs are announced once a year in Fall semester , MPA/MBA(1.5 Yrs, 2 yrs) in spring semester only whereas admissions to Ph.D, M.phil, Msc and computer IT short courses offered once a semester. Faculty of natural science has launched in BS 4 years program.
- For getting admission in faculty of biological science the candidate must having FSC pre medical or equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- Faculty of social sciences candidate Having FA/Fsc or equivalent with at least 50% marks and entry test at QAU campus.
- To get more information candidates can click on the following link:
Dr. Raziuddin Siddiqui Library is located at the center of university academic campus. Central library shifted from the departmental premises to its own building 1985, comprising four floors in 1985. The total covered area of DRSM Library is about 102, 500 sq ft. Dr. Raziuddin Siddiqui library on 06-02-1999 to recognize and remember the meritorious services of the founder vice chancellor of Quaid-E-Azam University.