After improving the original NED Government Engineering College, which was established in 1921, the NED University of Engineering & Technology was created in March 1977 under an act of the Sindh Provincial Assembly. As a result, NED University is one of Pakistan’s oldest institutions for teaching and producing engineering degrees. Prior to this, classes were held at D.J.Sindh College to train subordinates for the Sindh PWD, Municipalities, and Local Boards.
The NED Engineering College was originally situated in four buildings and two sheds. Seth Fatehchand Dewandas Khilnani Hall was the name of the main block. Bai Puribai and Bacharbai were honoured with a block that houses the Power House, Electrical and Hydraulics Laboratories, and Workshops.
This block was expanded to include a Machine Shop on the ground floor and a (Mechanical) Drawing Hall on the first floor. A Classroom and Clerk’s Office were on the ground floor of the fourth block, which was built in 1945, and another (Civil) Drawing Hall was on the first floor.
The NED Government Engineering College became the NED University of Engineering and Technology on March 1, 1977. From 50 students in 1923, the student population has grown to approximately 7000 students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Bio-Medical Engineering faculty is located on the NED LEJ Campus, which was donated by (Late) Latif Ebrahim Jamal, a well-known philanthropist, for which the land and building – believed to be worth Rs. 350 million – were donated.
Dr. Sarosh Hashmat Lodi is the vive chancellor at NED University of Engineering & Technology.
- B.Engg- (Civil Engineering, Urban Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Development Studies, Mechanical Engineering, Textile Engineering, Textile Sciences, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer & Information Systems, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Polymer & Petrochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science & Information Technology, Computational Finance, ndustrial Chemistry (BSIC), Applied Physics (BSAP)
- BS- (Economics & Finance, Management Sciences
- M.Engg- (Structural Engineering (+), Geo-technical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Coastal and Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Structural Earthquake Engineering, Design, Energy Systems, Renewable Energy, Mechatronics, Textile Engineering, Automotive Design, Control Systems, Electrical Power Systems, Electrical Machines & Drives, Automotive Manufacturing, Computer Architecture & Systems Design, Computer Network and System Security, Micro System Design, Industrial Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- MEM- (Construction Management, Water Resource Management, Transportation Infrastructure Management, Environmental Management, Textile Management, Energy Management, Chemical and Process Management
- MS- (Textile Management, Telecommunications Systems, RF Engineering, Telecommunications Network, Computer Science & Information Technology
Information Security, Science , Applied Mathematics , Industrial Chemistry, Physics, Applied Linguistics
- PHD Programs
The university is spread across three campuses
- The main campus
- The city campus
- The LEJ campus.
The library has risen from its humble beginnings in a room on the City Campus in 1921 to become one of Pakistan’s leading academic libraries, focused on engineering sciences and technology.
The NED University Library invests significant time and resources in developing a world-class library collection to fulfil the needs of students, teachers, and researchers, and acts as the regional engineering and technology reference library.
The Admission Committee at the university level draughts the admission criterion policy, which is then evaluated by the Deans and the University’s Academic Council before being accepted by the Syndicate. The Admissions Process at NED University begins prior to the Fall Semester, and as a result, each year during the Spring Semester, the Admission Policy is reviewed.
Criteria for eligibility (passing aptitude test, HSC marks requirement etc.)
NED University of Engineering & Technology
University Road, Karachi – 75270, Pakistan
Telephone : (92-21) 99261261-8
Fax : (92-21) 99261255
Email : email@example.com