Fatima Jinnah Women University Public Punjab Rawalpindi
Fatima Jinnah Women University’s legacy has been beautifully intertwined with women’s education for the next millennium. The main building is Victorian in style, as evidenced by its architectural splendour. This structure was originally constructed as a residence by two well-known Sikh brothers, Mohan Singh and Sohan Singh. It was adopted as the
Pakistan’s presidency in the mid-1960s. The rooms are steeped in history, with people like Benazir Bhutto and Mr. Ch. This building’s corridors have seen the likes of Fazal Elahi and President Zia-ul-Haq. Former Prime Minister Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif unveiled this gift for the nation’s daughters and their families on November 1.
It was dedicated on August 6, 1998, and serves as a symbol of the nation’s commitment to women’s education.
The University is unique in that it is funded by the Punjab Government. The Punjab government is very supportive of the university, which furthers the cause of women’s education and empowerment.
To achieve excellence by creating a welcoming learning environment that promotes collective well-being and societal transformation.
Dr. Saim Hamid is the vice chancellor of the Fatima Jinnah Women University.
FORMER VICE CHANCELLOR OF FJWU:-
Prof. Dr. Samina Amin Qadir (July 2011- Oct 2019)
Prof. Dr. Samina Amin Qadir (Interim)(Mar 2011- July 2011)
Prof. Dr. Saeeda Asadullah Khan (Mar 2007- Mar 2011)
Prof. Dr. Najma Najum (Dec 1998- Mar 2007)
- Software Engineering ( F.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and Computer Sci. / Computer Studies • F.Sc. (Pre-Engineering) with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry)
- Electronic Engineering ( HSSC Pre-Engineering (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) from any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education or an equivalent qualification like Overseas High School Certificate/British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level)/ International Baccalaureate/ Advanced Placement with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. DAE (Electrical/Electronics)
- Physics (F.Sc. Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical/ICS with Physics/General Science Group with Mathematics and Physics)
- Environmental Sciences (F.Sc. Pre-Medical/Pre-Engineering)
- Biotechnology (F.Sc. Pre-Medical)
- Chemistry (F.Sc. Pre-Medical/Pre-Engineering)
- Mathematical Sciences (F.Sc. Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical (with Maths as an additional subject)/ICS with Maths/General Science Group with Maths/I.Com. with Maths)
- Computer Science (F. Sc. (Pre-Medical with additional Mathematics/Pre-Engineering)/ General Sci. Group with Mathematics)
- Communication & Media Studies (Bachelors with Journalism/Political Sci./ History/ English Literature/Urdu Literature / Sociology/ Economics / Psychology/ IR and any other related field)
- Behavioral Sciences (B.A./B.Sc. Sociology/Biology/Anthropology/ Psychology/Applied Psychology/ Maths/Stats/ Political Sci./ History/ Social Work)
- Economics (B.A./B.Sc. (Economics)/B.Com)
- Education (B.A. Education/Social Sciences/B.Ed./ Associate Diploma in Education (ADE))
Anthropology, Behavioral Sciences, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Commerce, Communication and Media Studies, Computer Arts, Computer Science, International Relations, Economics, Education, Electronic Engineering, English, Environmental Sciences, Fine Arts, Gender Studies, Islamic Studies, Law, Mathematical, Sciences, Physics, Public Administration, Sociology, Software Engineering, Urdu.
With the establishment of the university in 1998, the Fatima Jinnah Women University Library, which houses a wealth of knowledge and information, came into being. The library was originally housed in the old Presidency, a historic and architecturally significant structure. It remained in the old building until 2006, when it was relocated to its current location to accommodate the library’s expanding collection. The library has a large collection of materials, such as books, journals, videos, CD-ROMs, DVDs, and so on. The collection is ideal for encouraging and supporting the university’s academic and research activities. The library has its own website.
By delivering exceptional services and facilities to meet the needs of its clients, the company has built a solid reputation. The library is staffed by qualified and experienced experts who are committed to providing innovative services of the highest quality.
- For the Software Engineering Department, 1st division (in the most recent certificate/degree received).
- 2nd Division required for all other disciplines.
- For Bachelors, a score of 40 in NAT-I is necessary, and for Masters, a score of 40 in NAT-II is required (the National Aptitude Test administered by NTS is treated as the Entry Test). For undergraduate admissions exclusively, the HEC Entry Test administered by the Education Testing Council (ETC) will be accepted.
- A score of 50 on HEC’s Law Admission Test (LAT) is necessary for the LLB degree programme.
+92 (51) 9292900
Fatima Jinnah Women University The Mall, Rawalpindi, Punjab (PAKISTAN)